Monday, May 23, 2011

Isn't He Cute!

When I found out Brandon and I were expecting for the first time I was sure it would be a boy. One day while my mother-in-love and I were out garage selling we hit a jackpot for boys’ things. This sale had really, really cheap prices but cute gently used items. Some things could be used for a boy or girl but all the clothes were boys. Of course much to our surprise it wasn’t a little boy growing in there but instead a girl. I found a storage place and decided to limit myself to that specific space. Growing out of that space was unacceptable. If it began to get full and I found something I must have for my little boy then something else had to go. Thus the collection began. I didn’t spend much money on anything. A few quarters here and there at a garage sale, most of the things were given to me. Regardless of how I acquired them my space has been full for some time now. Not all of the things are for newborns either. Oh, no. I have some things that are 24 months. I have been preparing for this “it’s a boy!” moment for quite some time. But it’s never too early to be prepared…right?
I had things in a variety of seasons. It was such fun to go through and look at the things that could actually be used on my little man. Wow. This is real people! I'm having a boy! Yay!
Yes, even blankets made their way into my collection.
It has always been so cute, to me, those little boys that seriously look like little men. I don't know really how to describe it and while I'm sure my little guy won't always look like a little man, just like my girls didn't always wear a hair bow, I hope to accomplish this look some for my little man. I thought these onsies where so cute. I must admit....I bought these the day of my ultrasound at a garage sale. What? I had a feeling it was a boy. :) Aren't the adorable!
And of course since winter will be upon us hats to keep my little man warm were pulled from my collection.

And I ooood and awwwd at how cute my little man was going to be, imagined myself holding him in my arms, and the world was quiet. Until I had to go discipline one of my other children who was screaming. Then reality sat in...I AM A MOTHER OF THREE!!!!

Trying to keep it together,
Rachael
P.S. I promise I will eventually post about something other that having a boy. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

YIPEEEEE! I just bought him the cutest sweater! :) I couldn't resist!

Alisha said...

You are too cute! I love that you are so excited about a boy! Im excited for you!