Thursday, June 16, 2011

He Restores My Soul!

Just thirty miles east of the hustle and bustle of the city was my oasis growing up.  I even enjoyed the drive to get there; a drive that some city dwellers might consider annoying. As a child the drive wasn’t made as much but as I got older it became almost a daily trek to a job, or extracurricular activity. Of course, as the business of life increased so did my love for my oasis. The drive helped me unwind and as I stepped out of my car I would allow a deep breath to fill my lungs, let my eyes rest on the beauty set before me and the world slowed down a little bit.  

As a young child, in the wintertime especially, my imagination was allowed to run wild as the dense vine covered woods became my fortress. I explored the depths of the secrets that those “uncharted lands” held. It was never dull.
I still enjoy my ventures into those woods and my walks alone or with loved ones on the quiet country road. The drive still gives me time to unwind and the view still helps me take a deep breath, slow down, and thank a Creator that is so much greater than I but yet still chooses to include me in what He is doing. Wow. 

 (Picture taken at the river just a short walk from the home where I grew up in Tuterville. AKA Mcloud, Oklahoma)

You know truly it isn’t the creation that restores my soul- it’s the Creator.

May you choose to let Jesus Christ fill you today no matter where you find yourself!

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.         
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.


No comments: