Thursday, October 19, 2006

Church Ministries Going Well

Things are going well at the church. Rachael and I are currently serving in CBI, Character First!, Patch Club, and working in finances and video production.

CBI
CBI is going great! We are so happy to be a part of this program. The Lord has allowed me to play the role as director under Mike Jestes. It seems to get better each week. Rachael and I are teaching a group of nine children during the small group time. They are doing wonderful at being faithful in their Bible memorization assignments, scripture reading, and daily devotions. We have put many programs into play and things seem to be going very well. I believe the parents are in-tune to what God is doing through this program. May it raise up mighty warriors in His name!

Character First!
Character First! is going pretty well. There are still some things we are trying to work out but for the most part things are fine. I guess my biggest prayer request for that ministry is that the young people would find God in such a way that they would place their focus on Him more then self. Many of them already do this but we have to be able to do this as a team if we are going to make a hudge impact for the kingdom. Many children are being ministered to through this program on a weekly basis and our young people do a good job of setting a good example for them. May God use those who are right before Him in a powerful way!

Patch Club
Patch Club is going pretty well. We are looking forward to our first opportunity to preform in church for our parents. The kids love the weekly story and the games we play and they seem to enjoy singing the songs too. I think it is a great program for the children during the choir time at the church. I guess the only thing we need are a few more young people that are willing to serve with us during this time. We only have Rachael and I now and we really need a few more.

Finances
Rachael is working as the finacial secritary at the church. She enjoys the job but is looking forward to being a full time mom in April.

Video Production
Chris Haywood and I are pretty much on top of things during the video room at the church. I really enjoy working with each volunteer that helps us on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. We are currently filling DVD orders for about 5-10 members each week. DVD's are available each week for $5 (pretty good if you ask me). I hope that we will soon begin advertising our DVD's more and doing more with the equiptment we have. I can see the Lord doing great things through the technology developement (although He doesn't need it to do great things). I think He want to use the video team at the church to minister to hundereds and thousands of people on a weekly basis. Please pray for direction.

Things are going well at home. Rachael and baby are still fine. Please pray for our car to be done soon so we will have more then one vehicle.

I have Luke and Justin this week. We are going to just hang out and have some fun. I got a new toy (XBOX 360) and we will be using it this week. I got the XBOX because I got a great deal on it. DOn't think I would ever pay $400 for a game system!

Rachael is going to stay with her granny tonight. Pray for granny that God would continue to be merciful to her and give her good health until her passing day.

Jon is working at Jersey Mike's now. He likes it a lot.

We are going to buy a shed soon. Pray that God will help us get a good one at a good price.

More updates to come!

In Christ,
Brandon

No comments: