Thursday, August 21, 2008

Good Ole' Family Update

If only good intentions updated the blog themselves! I was planning on getting an update out quickly after we got back from vacation. Both of my mom’s have fabulous cameras and so while we were on vacation I didn’t take pictures with my camera. I still need to get the pictures from them so I delayed to post about vacation. After all, what good is a post without pictures? So this post will not be about vacation, although you might want to know we had a really great time! (I will try to post vacation pics as soon as I get them.)
As soon as we got home we hit the ground running. We had one week to attend to the final details of the Character Focus Dessert Social, a fundraising/awareness event. Things turned out great, the event was successful and we were so blessed by those who helped make the event possible!



Elizabeth is getting so very big! I have really seen a huge change in her over the last month going from baby to toddler. Her vocabulary is growing rapidly and she is enjoying climbing up onto the furniture. I have to be more careful about where I set things down; it is amazing how far those little tippy toes can boost her up!



What an exciting moment for a mother….we can finally do pig tails! Sort of.


We have made a decision! I would like to announce that Katherine will be called....Katherine. It seems as though the minority on our polls always wins. This was true for the gender of baby Werner #2 and same for the name we have chosen. Now this isn't to say she can't be called by another name but we want her nickname to be formed not assigned. This is the same thing we have done for Elizabeth. That way they can have some say in it too. So there you have it. Katherine Faith Werner.
Baby Katherine is moving around all the time. Can you believe it is only 13 weeks from the time she is supposed to arrive! Which also means the holidays are right around the corner! So Exciting! I am 27 weeks along and according to the weekly email update I get from babycenter.com Katherine weighs almost 2 pounds and is14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Although I don’t live in fear, week passing week brings a bit of relief knowing we are closer to the “safe” zone if she were to be born. I can’t help but remember seeing little Aviendah born premature at 28 weeks and a few days. So tiny and fragile. It is always a joy to see her now smiling and full of life. What a long road they have traveled!
I have been feeling pretty good. It is a lot different being pregnant with a sit down job vs. a one year old-but all is well. The ice addiction is a little crazy but I'm not sure who is more addicted, me or Elizabeth. :)

By the way..as soon as I posted this I was looking at it and Elizabeth was sitting on my lap, when she saw the picture with her holding the cup she said "ice, ice." I rest my case! :)
Well that about wraps it up. Until next time....whenever that may be. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that kid is the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to see and hold little katherine! We are so blessed!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!

Unknown said...

yeah you posted! I like the pics. Very cute. She is so big. Have a good weekend.