Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lasts Weeks Post :)

I took the kiddos to the zoo last Monday. They have free admission every Monday through February. I figured it would be a little crowded being “free” day but I did not take into account it was also Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It is a little challenging to steer a stroller through all those crowded zoo streets.

I also discovered that the designers of the zoo made the streets to have more inclines than declines. If you don’t believe me next time you go take a double stroller, your legs will tell you the same thing. It seemed to help if I got a running start. Although I had to be inconspicuous about it because that would look totally ridiculous to all those not pushing a stroller; those pushing would understand. However it was equally ridiculous to have my body at a 90 degree angle, head down, arms fully extended, digging my feet into each step trying to make it out from in front of the pachyderm exhibit. Sheesh….all I could imagine were the security people watching the camera view, which is most definitely posted there for their mere entertainment at the show of an out of shape mother pushing or pulling her load of children up the hill.:) We had an amazing time. When I told Elizabeth we were going she was SO excited. This was only her second zoo visit and I don’t think she remembers the first one. We brought a little picnic lunch and had a great time.

We met some friends there which also made it more enjoyable. The fresh air was invigorating as it truly was a beautiful day! Only one thing could have made it better and that would be having daddy there with us. Although we differ in our fresh air appreciation and I am certain Brandon would not have enjoyed it quite as much as I. Not to mention the pushing of the stroller would have been his job. :) Having time together still would have been fun and the girls LOVE their daddy!

Cuteness Quoted:
Elizabeth(randomly states): Mommy my birthday is coming up.
Mommy: Yes, but it is still going to be a while. What do you want for your birthday?
Elizabeth: To get presents.
Mommy: What do you want your cake to taste like?
Elizabeth: Umm…
Mommy: Vanilla, Chocolate, strawberry, vanilla with sprinkles?
Elizabeth: I want Chocolate WITH sprinkles!
Mommy: Do you want Dora to be on it?
Elizabeth: Oh, it would make me SO, so happy to have Dora cake AND presents for my birthday!

Sorry I missed last weeks post. I had it ready to go on Monday but Tuesday media night was cancelled because I was sick and went to bed at 8:00. The rest of the week was spent passing a virus around and lots of middle of the night throw-ups. YUCK! I am very happy to report we all seem to be on the up swing. Brandon is still recovering. Hope everyone stays warm this weekend!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad the girls are feeling better!

Today Elliot and I were talking about his birthday coming up and I asked him what he wanted to eat for dinner on his birthday.
"ummm...ice cream"
When I asked him again...
"ummm...Oh, yeah, cake!"

The zoo sounds fun...I didn't know about the free days. I definitely want to go the next nice week. Then I'll be the huffing and puffing mama with the double stroller!

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Adorable!