Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our family LOVES the tradition of going to the state fair. We normally go more than once. Opening day Brandon and I brought the girls. It was a bit hot outside but we all had a great time. Tickets for the ice capades were on sale for the opening night so I bought two and Elizabeth and I had a “Mommy, Lizzy time” . Traffic was HORRIBLE on the way there and so we were thirty minutes late. I was quite frustrated considering I had already allowed myself an extra thirty minutes than what I needed to get there, but we still had a great time and it all worked out ok. My Aunt Rhonda always took us to the ice capades when we were little. I have great memories of those times and so I think it was a bit sentimental for me to take Liz. I didn’t take my camera to the show because I didn’t think they were allowed. So they are just memories in my heart.

Then on Tuesday evening the Werner family went to enjoy the fair. We enjoy fair food during this visit. We like to look around and watch a few shows and just enjoy each other’s company. Nanny and Papa are the stars of this trip since they, well, pay for it. J Elizabeth and Katherine LOVED riding the horses and Elizabeth enjoyed the camel ride with Uncle Justin too.  

With the events of the year I think we all cherished our Family Fair Tradition a little more this year. Thank you Lord for Your goodness to us!

No comments: