Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Doing Well

Dad's surgery went very well. The doctor's feel like the surgery was very successful! Dad lost a lot of blood but they were able to recycle his own blood and give it back to him. They feel he will now have 90 degree mobility in his hip. Last night we went up to see him. He seemed to be doing well. He had walked to the door in his room and back earlier that day. Of course pain managment one thing they are trying to stay on top of right now. The Doctor said that sometimes they open up the patient and really can't do alot for them. But they really felt they were able to get most of the extra bone that had formed and it would be of great help for dad's recovery.

Thank you so much for the prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello to the Werner family,

My name is Bill Madrid, and I have been following your blog since August.

I had the opportunity to work with Greg in the late 80's, and to share worship with him in the late 80's and early 90's.

I would like to share my admiration in your family's faith, and you dedication to the Lord.

It is good to see that you have the God first, and God always.

I, like your Dad, have been seriously injured in an accident.

In 1982, my family was told I would not make it through the night, and if I did I would be confined to sedentary work.

Greg will know this was not the case, but my point here is, if it had not been for prayer and faithful dilegence, and the knowledge that God had more in store for my walk I would not have the opportunity to say that now!

God bless you all, and to your Dad never give up