Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Blog Will Live On!


My blogging for 2012 has been quite scarce. So, what has kept me? It’s these little people mostly. I must come clean though and inform you I have also been having an internet relationship with Pinterest. This has also kept me from you. J But that doesn’t sound as good as the spending time with my children excuse so let’s just go with that for now. Besides that, pictures of Pinterest aren’t as interesting as pictures of my littles.

Five months since little man was born! Seriously the time only gets faster!!! He cut two teeth in the beginning of February. He is rolling over and doing all the other little tricks little people do that make big people oooo and ahhhh and talk in baby voices. 




The girls LOVE to play outside! A couple days ago they were out on the swing set and when I went to check on them I just intentionally paused and soaked in the moment. The simplicity of childhood. Their giggles and imaginations. The great teamwork to accomplish something. My heart was happy.



I contemplated putting to rest my blogging days for good. Is it really time well spent? Isn't taking the pictures enough? However after giving it lots of thought I decided that even if the only comments I receive are from spammers I will continue to blog. Not for others sake, but for my own. For my children's sake. For documentations sake. For history's sake. For goodness sa...oh wait. Never mind. The sakes were carrying me away.  My bad.

Rachael

7 comments:

Brandon W said...

And I am glad you are. Love you.

Jo Shnell said...

Rachael, I love your blog! I've changed my email address, so I'm sunsubscribing from the old email address and re-subscribing with the new one. So, if you see the unsubscription please don't take it as a slam; I'm just moving to another email address and this is my clumsey way of doing it. I love keeping an eye on your sweet family.

Alisha said...

I read it!!! Well most of it, but I definitely look at ALL the pictures! :) Thanks for blogging. You are definitely better than I in that. I don't think I have blogged since Bailey was born... :/

Candice said...

Ack! I'm glad you decided not to quit blogging! I love reading your posts; they always make me laugh. :) I never get any comments, either, but I like knowing that our lives are documented digitally forever. :)

Pinterest sucks up time for you, too, huh? Every time I log on, I imagine myself to be craftier and a better cook than I really am, but I find myself pinning a ton of things, thinking, "I can do this!" So far, not much luck. But I still have fun pinning. :)

Anonymous said...

No, no, no, DON'T stop BLOGGIIIING! :) For those of us far distanced it is a way to keep up with everybody back home... I always enjoy seeing your posts show up in my inbox and read them from there, so I don't usually get to comment. :) So here's my comment (lol!): "I can't believe how big the kids are getting! It's so fun to see them growing up. Please keep posting, Rachael, it is worth it, although I know it takes time. Thanks for your investment for our enjoyment." :) We are thinking about you guys and praying for the upcoming conference season!
Blessings,
~ Bandy

Tammi said...

Grandma jan said noooooooo don't quit she loves it and so do I I look for new post all the time love your logging irs amazing

Tammi said...

Grandma jan said noooooooo don't quit she loves it and so do I I look for new post all the time love your logging irs amazing