Friday, January 09, 2009

Picnic Perfection

What beautiful weather we’ve had the past few days. Although I hear the wind outside blowing in a chill as I type. I understand the weather not making up its mind being cold one day and warm the next can be frustrating for some people. I however am VERY grateful for the warm January days every now and then. It does wonders for ones spirits to be able to open the blinds to let the sunshine in and even get out of the house for a bit to let Lizzy run around. Also it makes going places much easier and more enjoyable with the little ones. I’m normally all for the snow, but I must admit, if I could choose I’d keep the spring days. Speaking of taking advantage of the spring days we enjoyed a short family picnic at the park tonight before Brandon headed to Ponca City for the night. It was a lot of fun and I even made fried chicken for the very first time ever for the occasion. A beautiful day, family time at the park, and a picnic dinner of fried chicken. Sound wonderful? It was. Elizabeth had a blast playing at the park. Katherine will be out there playing with her before we know it but for tonight she just slept in the carrier.




I love it that Elizabeth is getting enough hair to really fix it! Her pigtails are so cute in my biased opinion. She looks pretty funny after we take them out though.

Katherine is doing wonderful. Can you believe she will be two months old on Sunday?! Wow! She is pretty much sleeping through the night all of the time now. She sleeps from 10:00pm until 5:30ish. She seems to really be getting on a good schedule. Hurray! It is difficult at times not to wish the time away. I know however that I should do whatever it takes to enjoy this time in life for all to soon they will be gone. So if you have kids or grandkids in your house right now your should go love on them a little!


Hope all is well with each of your families!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious little girls you have, Rachael!

I enjoy reading your posts - you are a great mom! Yes, we do need to cherish each season of our lives...they pass so quickly.

Keep up the great work!
~Hannah

Amy said...

ya so it's way past time for an update!