Saturday, September 26, 2009

NEED YOUR HELP! DYI project underway!

Yes, I have once again started a project outside of my given talents. We are doing some room swapping and I have the closets done and am ready to embark on the painting of the girls’ room. I want it to be cute but something we can keep around for a while. I found colors I thought I knew I wanted to do but now I am second guessing myself. I was going to paint the doors on the closets white and get the girls a white bunk bed. I am somewhat hesitant to paint the doors for various reasons so was wondering if maybe I should skip the white and try to incorporate more brown. I thought I had found the bedspreads I wanted but then when I saw them a second time they looked a little brighter than I wanted. I did see some plain brown bedspreads at target on sale for ten dollars. Boring, I know. But is it possible to spice them up with some throw pillows. Maybe a pink circle one and a few others with some stitched flowers on them or something? A cute throw blanket? Anyways I put together some pictures on paint of the color schemes I am thinking about. I am putting up a pole and I don't want to influence your votes with my thoughts. But as you can clearly see this is NOT my cup of tea...although I am actually having fun!

Here are the doors in the room. There are two that go to the closet. Currently the walls are tan.


Option #1:
This is the green wall with as close as I could get to the shades of pink that I like. This is it with the white.

Option #2:
Same green theme with the brown accents.

Option #3:
I didn't have time to fix this picture so imagine the dark green gone. It would be a light pink wall with the other colors accenting the room. Also these colors are not exact. The pink I would choose I think would be softer.


Take a minute to cast you vote on the poll and if you have any other helpful tips please leave me a comment!

Have a great day!
Rachael

P.S. Please pray my wedding ring shows up. I am missing it! :(

4 comments:

brittandlauren said...

My vote is the first one. The green walls and white doors. I think it will be crisp and something that they can easily grow into.

I also think you should do something besides the plain brown. You can spice it up but I think it will still be kind of plain and a little boyish.

Amy said...

I voted leave it alone... but I was just kidding. You've been doing really good decorating lately! My REAL vote is pale pink walls and brown and pink and green accents. If you go with green on the walls be very careful because it only takes a lite shade to go a long way.

P.S. I'm saying a prayer right now that you find your ring. My heart sank when I read that it was missing, I'm so sorry.

Alisha said...

Hey girlie! I think you should go with the green and white. You should paint the doors and trim white. Don't second guess your ideas. I say go for it! I think it would look great!
You can still do the brown bed spread and acents. You do know that white goes with anything and that green is consitered a neutral color that goes with alot of colors. :) You have great ideas so don't be afriad to take a chance with them. You never know, you may start a fad. ;p lol Look at my living room pictures on facebook or my blog and you will see the green walls with white trim with brown acents. Ok that's my vote! But do what you want!

Jessica said...

Are you going to do all the walls in green or just one or two?

I really like the idea of having a green wall with brown and pink accents, but I think doing the whole room in green would be way too much...dark colors are best as accents in my opinion...pick one wall to do really bright and leave the others the tan color (or even a pale pink?).

I really like the idea of brown bedspreads with accent pillows or throws. That would look so girly, yet sophisticated and modern.

Let us know what you decide!!