Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Like a Thief in the Night!

Mysteriously it happens. Baffling even the greatest of figure-outers. This one is a doozie. Gather all your friends to figure this one out cuz it just doesn’t make since. Period.

Let me fill you in…

Welcome to my Wardrobe.
This represents most of my shirts. The items that define my fashion. Beauty.

Beauty from Forever Twenty-One

Beauty from the great thrift stores throughout my region.

Sooner Spirit Beauty

Beauty of Christmas gifts (Old Navy)

These tops although varying in differnt materials thicknesses, types and brands all have one thing in common….holes. Not the good kind. Not what you see on the runway. I’m talking grungy annoying little holes. Let me show you.

See, holes. And if you can’t tell, these holes are not in an inconspicuous place. No, no, no they are front and center. They are a few inches from the bottom of the garment. At least they are at the bottom but obviously there none the less.

Still don’t see it? Let me circle it for you.

See it now? Told you. Annoying right?
More and more and more holes!!!AHHH!!!

You might think the great mystery is how these holes are getting into my clothes. And you would be partially correct. But before you go all Sherlock Holmes on me listen to the rest of the facts.


I have no CLUE how this is happening.

Fact: This doesn’t happen to my girl’s shirts, or Brandon’s. (Although recently, finally one of his shirts got one.)

Fact: It doesn’t happen to any undershirts and normally not PJ’s either.

Fact: My sister’s shirts don’t do this

Fact: This has started happening within the last 2 years

Fact: New shirt or old shirt this happens the majority of the time.

Fact: It doesn’t always happen after the first, second, or third, wash.

Fact: It is always the same place, same basic pattern, and same size.

Fact: Some of the shirts fold in the drawer, some hang in the closet

Fact: I am freakishly to like my mother

Craziest fact of all: MY MOTHER’S SHIRTS DO THE SAME THING!!!!! (Why me AND her, ONLY!?)

Fact: My Dad’s shirts don’t do this

Fact: My mother and I don’t do laundry together

Seriously, it is like a thief in the night...IN MY CLOTHES! I hesitate to buy more. I will not be an enabler of this… this… thing!

Ok, those are the facts. Holes in the shirts is the problem.

Now, go, release your inner Sherlock and report back to me!

I would give you a prize if I could. How about a kiss? No, you’re right that is weird. A hug? Depends on who you are. Hum…I’m thinking… happy dance. Yes, I will do a happy dance for you. And if that doesn’t motivate you then forget I said it. What am I rambling on for? You have serious detective work to do!!! Cuz I can’t fix the problem if I don’t know what it is!

Fact: It is challenging to type shirt this many times in a post correctly each time. I probably didn’t. Sorry in advance for any offensive language. :)

Rachael

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

I would think that you are catching your clothes on something. Walk around your house and see what all is at that level.

Jessica said...

Rachael, You are hilarious!

Get ready to do a happy dance, because I seriously HAD the EXACT same problem with all my shirts last summer...little holes in the front and center on all my fitted knit tees. I think it was my husband who finally figured out what the problem was!!!

It was my belt...it was catching and pinching the fabric. I always wear this same belt that has a different type of buckle...it sort of slips together with these two metal clasps, not buckling like normal belts, and the fabric would get pinched easily. Now that I started wearing the belt inside out (I couldn't give it up because it's my best belt!), I haven't had any issues with any of my newer shirts.

So...do you think that could be your issue? Do you even wear a belt regularly?

Brandon and Rachael said...

I never wear belts. Neither does my Mom. I suppose it could be our jeans catching in some way but my Mom often wears elastic waisted sporty type pants. Someone suggested Katherine's toenails. Not sure what to think about that, some of the fabrics aren't knit (most are)and some aren't fitted (most are). My mom and I are about the same height. So, are Katherine's toenails when we hold her really capable of such a feat!?

Amy said...

YOU my dear, crack...me...up :)

brittandlauren said...

This is too funny! The last comment made me laugh out loud!

I have no clue! My first thought was moths. I guess it good be but if it happening in the closet and drawer I don't know. That is just weird.

~mirage noel~ said...

I had a friend who had this problem, and she figured out that she was always pulling her shirt down at the same place and it made holes....but I don't know if that is your problem hehe.

Lindsay Bertram said...

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!

(Not your shirts having holes, just your great post.)

Um. I don't know.

Beth said...

OK...here is my guess. It could have something to do with holding little babies with shoes that have velcro or buckles or something like that. If you are like me, there is usually one attached to my hip for a good portion of the day, and those little shoes can do some damage!

BTW..this is Lauren's sister in law Beth.

Anonymous said...

This is... wow... how do I explain who I am? Your husband's dad's dad was, I believe, the cousin of my mother-in-law. Her name is Priscilla Pigg (was Werner). Whew! Okay, I really checked your blog because Priscilla told us about your father- and brother-in-law, and gave us this blog address to check updates. So primarily you should know that people you've probably never met, and may never meet, are praying for all of you. We really hope things go well with all surgeries that have to happen, and that recovery goes as well as possible.

But I couldn't help but keep reading, and the shirt thing caught my attention because it happens to me too -- but not my husband! We have a 5 1/2 and a 2 1/2 year old, and it's only happened to me for about the last 5-6 years. Hmmm..... I often don't tuck in my shirts. My husband ALWAYS tucks in shirts. I also often wear jeans, and there's a stiff little piece of the denim right where the snap is that sticks out a little. I've decided that my shirt rubbing against that little "tab" of stiff denim, and my kids' feet adding to the damage is what puts holes in my shirts. This annoys me too, but I figure a day will come when I don't have holes so easily drilled into my shirts, and I will be a little sad because it will mean I'm not lugging around my babies anymore.
Again, we will be praying for you all. God bless, Tim and Catherine Pigg