Wednesday, March 09, 2011

My New Mommymobile

I started to title this post "Until You are Smashed...I Will Love You". But then I started thinking about how bad that would be if Brandon or someone else I love died in a car accident in the near future. So instead we shall just call this post "True Love is Hard to Find". (Or feel free to make up something else in your mind as equally as cheezy.)

When my van got smashed back in September I was sad because, well, I liked my van. We had a connection and things just worked for us. After driving a rental car for over a month and then driving Dad’s truck for a few days we finally got our check from the insurance company.

We found a van that seemed to be a great deal on Craig’s List and bought it. I tried to love this van as I did my last.
 Not trying to replace the feelings for the old one. No, those would stay forever but rather making room for the new within my heart. But, the more I spent time with this new vehicle I saw its true character come out. It was ugly. I have hope for this vehicle in someone else’s life but our lives just did not mesh well. The relationship just could not be saved; especially after my new true love entered the picture. The van I am now driving brings out the best in me. We just get each other. I have hopes that we will have even stronger bonds that my first sweet van.
The blinker has a beautiful tone, the ride is smooth, the gadgets work, there is space for the back seat to be functional, I can haul stuff in the back, the mileage is low, and the heater is hot and the AC is cold. The gas is…well let’s just not go there. I don’t care what car you have, if it takes gas your budget is toast.
I hope to sport this mommymobile for quite some time. That is, of course, if I can avoid those other cars on the road that don’t play nice.


In other breaking news:

2002 KIA SADONA FOR SALE
BEAUTIFUL VAN
LOW MILEAGE
I'M SURE IT WILL BE GREAT FOR YOUR FAMILY! :)



P.S. I sincerly apologize to those of you who recieve this by email and are commanded to commit. Commit people! Commit to our blog! Obviously I didn't write that sentence and as soon as I can get the person who did to tell me how change it I will stop commanding you to commit and will kindly ask you to comment. But feel free to commit too, if you wanna. :)

1 comment:

Nanny Norma said...

Rachael you make Nanny laugh alot:) Everytime I read your blog you crack me up:) Thank you Of course everytime I read Amys I either smile or cry:) And Kristina just makes me laugh on Facebook. I sure do love and admire all 3 of you girls!!!!!!