Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update on Dad: First Knee Surgery

Dad's surgery went well yesterday. This is the update I received via text message from my mom yesterday:

"Greg is out of surgery and in recovery. He will be in a lot of pain. There is a lot of damage to his cartilage. They did a lot of clean up to his knee. They also took off extra bone. He will need a knee replacement at some point. As soon as six months, or it could be years. It will depend on him. Recovery and pain will be a factor in that decision. He might come home tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers."

Since that time I learned that dad said that he "was in the most pain he could ever remember." They have him on a lot of pain meds but the pain is still extreme.

Today Dad text messaged me and said he was on his way home. I asked him how the pain was and he replied "Ouch! Tolerable."

Thank you for your continued prayers. We greatly appreciate your support. God is doing great things. We will trust in Him.

No comments: