Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's A BOY!

Wow. I have sat down to blog many times but the words just haven’t come. A boy. A. Boy. B-O-Y! I am having a BOY!!!! It does seem real but the emotions of it are just…wow. We are all really excited.

As soon as I found out we were expecting again I knew I wanted to have a gender reveal party. After all, this is baby number three and we all know he (I can actually say he!) won’t have the same amount of pictures as baby’s number one or even two. I felt the need to do something different and fun and special. I imagined it to be just a fun evening of fellowship and fun with the “icing on the cake” being the reveal of baby Werner’s gender. The evening turned out exactly as I hoped. We had a great turn out, beautiful weather, fun fellowship, and the gender was revealed.  
None of my ideas are original. Any time I am planning any kind of party the web surfing starts. There were two ideas that had come up for how to reveal and I tried to merge the two. My amazing Aunt Tammi was so sweet and made all the cupcakes for the guests. Each cupcake had blue filling inside so all the guests could have one. A fabulously creative friend decorated a big box that I had in blue and pink and then my Aunt picked up some helium balloons to put in the box.

The party started at 6:00 but the reveal didn’t happen until 7:00. Waiting an hour may seem ridiculous to you but you have to understand I had my ultrasound done a whole week before the party! Waiting one more hour wasn’t going to kill me. Why did I do it a whole week before? Because that is just the way it worked out. The results were sealed in an envelope in my purse and then given to my Aunt a couple days prior to the party. She was the ONLY one who knew the results and did such an amazing job of honoring me by keeping the secret a secret until reveal time.

So at 7:00 everyone gathered together outside. Cupcakes were handed out and then the countdown begun. 5,4,3,2,1. It’s a…..the balloons began to float toward the sky. A yellow balloon is what I saw first. What is that supposed to mean!? I was a bit confused when a white balloon is what came into sight next. Really? White and Yellow!!! What in the world is that supposed to mean. The ultrasound tech said the gender was very clear. White and yellow do not say clearly to me boy or girl! I was hoping someone had bit into their cupcake and could tell me the gender of my baby! But then they began to show blue, blue, blue. A boy. It was really a little boy in there! Are you KIDDING ME!?!?!?! A Tuter sister is actually capable of having a boy! This is uncharted waters in my family you know. MOMMY, HELP ME! Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, not even my own mother knows how to mother boys. WHAAAAAH! I CAN’T DO THIS!!!!! What do boys wear to church anyways? The thoughts began to run through my little mother-of-girls head. A few hours later an even more daunting awful thought entered into my head as the word slipped from my lips forever to be a part of my vocabulary…circumcision. I shook my head in defeat. Really? Lord, you really think I need a boy?


I have decided I will learn how to raise a son rather it is easy or hard. We’ll make it. I do know one thing I can give my little man. Love. Something every child needs and something I can give.

I love you little man! Mommy can hardly wait to see your sweet handsome face! (See, I’m getting the hang of this already!)

Rachael- Mommy to two girls AND a boy!

Before we found out the gender Uncle Justin said he was going to jump into the pond if it was a boy.


1 comment:

Lindsay Bertram said...

I've got info on the "C" word.
Yep, we've been there. I will walk you through the best I know how.
Love you, friend!