Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Birthing Classes / Donated Blood

Rachael and I have just started birthing classes to get ready for the arrival of our daughter (due April 27). Our classes are on Monday nights from 7-9pm at OU Medical Center in Everett Tower (which is where we plan to have the baby). It was pretty fun. We learned a lot of anatomy and some breathing techniques Rachael can use while in labor.

We are also excited about our 4D ultrasound scheduled for February 9th. This picture is not of our baby but is a picture of what a 4D ultrasound looks like (I will post our babies pictures as soon as we have the ultrasound).









Elizabeth is 27 weeks along now! She is about 14.5 inches and weighs about 2 pounds! She can now open and close her eyes and sleeps at normal times. Isn't God's design amazing? Only He could make new life such a miraculous experience!


Because Rachael is RH- blood type, she will have to get a painful shot every time she is pregnant UNLESS I am RH- also. This presented a problem for me because I do not know my blood type. The only way to find out your type for free is to donate blood. I do not like needles and blood but I went down to the blood bank and donated. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but I still am not sure if I will do it again or not. Sure, I would do it is they issued statements saying they NEEDED blood... but when they just WANT it I think I will pass. :) Anyhow, I will find out my type soon. I'll let you know if I was RH- or not. :)

How do you do with needles, shots and blood?


Brandon and Rachael

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

not bad. but it sounds like you are a wimp when it comes to needles.
later.
-Justin

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a guy thing to me.
Good thing you aren't the woman.
I know two others in the family just like that.
Go Rachael! Love, grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rachael...
I'm RH- too, and it hasn't been too bad. I get rhogam during the pregnancy, (I think) then after if the baby is postive. I think both of mine have been negative, so overall it hasn't been too many pokes. ;-)
Hope it works the same for you!

Sam said...

LOL... in reply to Justin! I can picture him saying that! Man, it reminded me of hanging out at your parents house!

Wow, it is amazing. For some reason it seems more real, maybe because you all are having a BABY GIRL!! If I think about... that is pretty big!!

May the Lord bless you three!! :)

Anonymous said...

I donate blood every chance I get. Which isn't very often but I try to do my part. I get that shot too Rachael. It isn't so bad. Just like a regular shot. Uncle Steven wouldn't get his blood tested for me. B/C he was afraid of needles. So I give Brandon Kudos for that!! Love you both. I can't wait to see the pictures.

~Aunt Diana

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Looks like everything is going well for you and the baby. I have to correct you on one point though. :) Donating blood isn't the only way to get your blood type for free - you could always join the military. I'm glad you chose to just donate blood. ;)

(you should also setup a facebook account. It's a great way to stay in touch with people - and you can stream feeds from blogspot.)