Sunday, January 14, 2007

Winter Ice Storm 2007

This is our first winter blast of 2007. When we heard the cold weather was coming, we decided to spend our "locked up" time with our families.

First, we went to my parents house. We played games, ate dinner, and drove around (my dad has a 4-wheel drive pickup and loves to play in the ice).



After spending the night by the fire at my parents house, we went to Rachael's house to spend some time with them. We played card games, watched movies, and fellowshipped. We are still out here now. I love ice storms like this where we can all stay home and relax with family.


Jasmine (our niece) is really growing up. She is saying words like "fish" and "hot". She is walking with help and will soon start on her own.







I taught Jasmine how to hold the XBOX 360 controller (picture). She sat with me for a while and we played together (she is a big mover so that was an accomplishment!).


How did you spend your weekend in the ice?

Brandon and Rachael

PS - Granny Tuter is in the hospital. She fractured her pelvic bone. Please pray that the Lord would heal her and that she would recover quickly. Thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love being able to read on how things are going w/ you and the family. I love you all! We spent the ice locked up in our house. We watched movies and played the Wii. That is about it. The kids are going crazy by now!! Two were grounded so they could only watch us play the games and play on the computer. Love you all!! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Did you know you have NEVER put a picture of your most favorite sister on your website? I am sure it was a complete mistake. I mean, of course you didn't mean to. So, now I am just bringing it up. lol ;-)

mucho love!

Lo~

Sam said...

I tell you what this weather is fun!!! The Lord allowed me to drive up and back this last weekend inspite of the weather. It was fun! He protected me on several occasions!

Your time sounded like a lot of fun! I am glad the Lord blessed you with some relaxation! I love the pic of Jon! Later, Sam

Anonymous said...

does Jasmine know how to play?
I think see will kick your tail when she gets older. hope she will.
lol
-Justin