Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Years Day Tradition

One of my favorite traditions with Rachael and I's families is the new years day get together we have each year.





We went to the river by the Tuter's house and shoot some guns. I enjoy shooting about 1-4 times a year.


Jonathan brought his shotgun. He loves to hunt and is a big time outdoorsman (at least compared to me he is). I was able to beat his known record of skeet shooting! He has shot 10 in a row and I shot 14! It was a lot of fun to beat him at his own game :) Next time he goes, he will keep track and probably beat me. It is nice to be on top for now though.







Dad taught Justin how to shoot a handgun while we were at the river.








We played lots of games at the house before watching the OU vs. Boise State game. Rachael nearly always wins every game we play out in Tuterville (she denies it but I say it's true).





While we were there, Smalls burnt $1200 worth of old, out dated school books. I wore the wireless headset to the TV and went out to keep him company. We had fun talking and listening to the game.




We enjoyed our time with our families and look forward to next years annual get together.


How did you spend new years day?

Brandon and Rachael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Look I went to your guys little blog thing. Well I must say that is one goooooood looking guy in the cammo the shotgun. You forgot to mention that I shot (and killed) four squirrels. That's four with an F. Well I probably should go do school. Not like I need it or anything, but I should go do it.

Peace, Love,
and whatever
JONATHAN