Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just a Waitin'

Although we officially have nine more days until the actual due date of our new arrival it feels like it is just a waiting game now. To think it could be any moment is so exciting! I know the Lord has the perfect day and time for Elizabeth to make an official entrance into the world but the waiting is a little difficult. I am so grateful to still be feeling so well. It seems almost to good to be true. In some ways it doesn't even feel like it is "time".

On the 10th of April our church had a baby shower for us. The love and blessing we felt was indescribable. All of the preparation, people in attendance, and wonderful gifts made us feel so loved! We received a stroller and car seat travel system so now we officially can bring Elizabeth home from the hospital. :) I was also very excited to receive an album and other cropping supplies to preserve all of these precious memories for generations to come. There were many cute little outfits given. Some people say I am going to have to change her more than once a day in order to let her wear them all. The shower was so much fun and...wow... I just can't describe it! Our family, both church and blood, loves us so much and we can feel it!!!
I will be posting some pictures of the shower soon.

After the shower Brandon helped me open all the gifts and organize, organize, organize! It was actually really fun. Not only did we completely organize and prepare the nursery we went ahead and did all of our spring cleaning. Brandon is a great organizer and I could not have done near the things we got done without him! It just doesn't seem like there is much more we could do in order to prepare for Elizabeth. It is wonderful to have a very clean house! :)

Thank you all very much for praying for my family during the loss of my Great Grandma. The funeral services were good and although my voice wasn't "normal" I was able to sing with my sisters.

May the Lord bless each one of your households!!

Rachael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that comment I left a few weeks ago? about the baby's dew date (april 29) well it changed. i won't her to come in this world so my knew do date is today! lol! see ya, -Justin

The Mercado's & Family said...

Well, No more waiting! I saw pictures today from Papa Joe. I must say you look beautiful even after just giving birth. Congratulations.