Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Trust in the Lord

“Trust in Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and HE SHALL direct your path.”

Life is full of giants. Giant bills. Giant task. Giant problems. Giant temptations. Giant decisions. At times it feels like these giants are to big for us to handle. The truth is... they are.

We cannot face the giants alone or in our own strength. We grow tiered. We grow weary.

"But those who wait on the Lord will RENEW their strength. They will mount up on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint."

Where is your trust? Where is your strength? When life knocks you down what do you do? Do you grow weary or do you put your trust in the almighty God who is in control of everything that happens? God is still on the throne! He is the same yesterday, today and forever! And no matter what man may try, no matter what happens to you, nothing will remove Him from His throne. He is eternally steadfast.

And what does He ask from you? The same thing He has been asking from the beginning of time. For you to love Him more than anything. “Love the Lord you God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength.” Love Him more then sin. Love Him more then self. Love Him more then family. Love Him more then friends. Love Him more then dreams. Love Him more then desires. Love Him.

When we do this, we will unlock a relationship with our Savior that will surpass all others. Why? Because He loves us with pure and undefiled love. He loves us with a love that nobody else can. How do I know? Because He proved it:

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believes in Him should not parish but have everlasting life.”



The Lord directed me to share this with you all today. I am not sure who this is for but I pray it will minister to you all. May you stand in awe in the presence of His love today and put your full trust in Him. If you would like for Rachael and I to pray for you please feel free to leave us a comment or catch up with us later. We love you all!

In Christ,
-Brandon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyting is going well.
thank you for your post. I am so happy for you both, and I am praying for you. Have I told you how much I can't wait to be an Uncle? well I am! well I better go. I am praying for you both. TTYL
-Justin

Anonymous said...

Brandon, you have a way of talking where it is easy to understand and apply to our daily life. You guys could pray for me to trust in the Lord more. I could use that! It would make the giants in my life easier to deal with.
Love you both and I can't wait until Elizabeth is here. I hope I get to be there.

Aunt Diana