Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am soooo excited about the baby shower tonight! It is extra fun to be able to do a double shower with my dear friend Lindsay. This picture was at one of Elizabeth's baby showers.

Yesterday I was feeling quite emotional and somewhat stressed about the baby coming. I just feel so far from ready and I really mentally need some time to prepare. You know, we are officially at “the baby could come anytime” stage and although I don’t partiulalry think she is coming tomorrow or anything I sometimes wonder. Even strangers comment about how low I am carrying and probably not going to make it to my due date. Although I read last night that you only drop with your first baby. The quite regular Braxton Hicks contractions don’t help either. They say “you will know when it’s the real thing.” Of course eventually you will know but as I recall with Elizabeth, I excused Braxton Hicks contractions all day and didn’t realize I was in labor until my grandma started timing them! So regular Braxton Hicks aren’t very comforting to me either.
Anyways, emotionally I am feeling better today and I obviously can’t exactly plan on when this baby is coming so in the mean time I will do what I can to prepare, focus on one day at a time, and deal with labor when it gets here. (Here I am thinking I’ll be early and all. Watch, I’ll still be prego at Thanksgiving. Ten days past my due date. Ha Ha)

P.S. I just talked with one of my five friends who is expecting in November. She was out walking because she is having contractions!!! She isn’t due until the 4th but this could be it. She said her contractions are 10 minutes apart and have been for a couple of days so it could still be awhile. Say a little prayer for her if you think about her.

Blessings my friends!!!

No comments: