Thursday, October 30, 2008

Perfect Peace

A couple days ago I realized that if Katherine is born five days early like Elizabeth was then she will be here in 13 days! Wow, my mind has been racing with millions of thoughts and great feelings of being overwhelmed! The to do list just doesn’t seem to be shrinking and as a matter of fact I think it is only getting bigger. Brandon was so sweet to take initiative to set up some weekly babysitting days with our moms for Elizabeth. This is going to be a big help and hopefully allow me some time to get those petty little things that are bothering me done. Maybe I will even get a bit of rest. Last night I almost felt panicked about all the undone things. Crazy as this may be one of the things bothering me most was the sinks. I have really just been itching to take a toothbrush and some toothpicks to my sinks and drains. So after I put Elizabeth to bed I started scrubbing; all the while still thinking of the million other things to do. The Lord brought Isaiah 26:3 to mind and I just keep repeating it over and over to myself. “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You.” Thank you Lord!

Matthew 6:34
34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Luke 12:6-7
6Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?7But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

I love this blurb from Beth Moore's bible study Stepping it Up.
"God never dozes off, even when for a time the air is smooth and the way is clear. He doesn't jolt awake when the earth rumbles beneath your feet. He is in perfect attendance to your every step. Our God is the Lord maker of heaven and earth!" AMEN

So, rather things are done or undone, if Katherine comes today or thanksgiving day, I will simply focus on keeping my mind stayed on Him who will keep me in perfect peace, who knows the number of hairs on my head, and who orders my steps. Great is your faithfulness oh God!

"He leadeth me beside still waters, He restoreth my soul..."

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know how you feel, Rachel...I've been feeling so overwhelmed too....I just simply can't do it all by my self.
Justin's sister is over today helping me put up food for my freezer and I'm planning on having Justin help me clean all day on Saturday (heaven forbid that the shower be dirty when I go into labor!). So I'm hoping that will help me feel more ready. I'm learning to let go, trust more, and just be flexible with myself. It's hard though. =)

I can't wait to hear that you've had your baby!