Friday, October 17, 2008

Katherine’s weekly countdown now fits on one hand! Only five weeks to go!!! In most ways I am excited but my preference would be that she waits to make her appearance until between November 9th and November 17th. What? Am I being too specific in my expectations? My reasoning for this is quite rational. Our calendar is so packed full in October there is no time for me to rest and finish preparing. In November life for me goes on hold except for a small one evening children’s program we were asked to do for a wedding reception on November 7th. I would rather be resting the day after the children’s program not laboring. By the 9th I should be recovered and the house should be in order. After the 17th is just too close to my birthday and thanksgiving. I would like to have at least a week to recover and get into a groove before the holiday. Don’t worry, I completely understand that Katherine will come when it is her time not necessarily when I am wishing.

Today I got to take some maternity pictures with my sister Amy. We had fun playing around and I was actually happy with some of the shots we got. I was hoping for a few more with Elizabeth and my tummy but she wasn’t really cooperating. Oh well, maybe another day.Here are a few of the ones I liked the most. I have played around editing them some but I still want to do some work on them. Brandon is really better at that than I am so I am hoping to sweet talk him into helping me a little. :) Thanks, Amy for your help today!





Since I didn't have enough letters to spell Katherine and we aren't choosing a nickname I did a little of each.



I love Elizabeth's expession in this picture! (Click to enlarge..trust me it is worth it!):) Mine is pretty funny too. I imagine me saying "I am going to have two of these!" lol

This picture isn't really maternity but I kind of liked it.

"I'll obey mommy, but I don't like it and I'm not going to have a good attitude." This one was just too cute I had to include it!

Feel free to come up to the hospital when Katherine is born. We would love to have anyone there. The decision has been made however that in the delivery room this time is only going to be immediate grandparents and sisters. Sorry ladies. But again anyone is more than welcome to be at the hospital for Katherine “greeting committee” and can come in the room, if there are no complications, quickly after she is born. If you are someone who may not particularly get a call when I am in labor but want to be on the “labor call list” just let me know and I will try my best to get you there.

This coming Tuesday is my baby shower! I can hardly believe it but am sooooo excited. I get to have a double shower with my dear friend Lindsay. She is due just a week after me but I think it would be fun to go into labor on the same day.

Also we are now excepting due date and baby weight guesses. Please leave a comment with your guess. Winner gets best guess bragging rights.

I do believe that is enough baby talk for today. Hope you all enjoyed this absolutely beautiful day that the Lord made!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

hmmm....well, I should already get bragging rights on guessing the gender...both times! But my guess is November 12, weighing 6lbs 5oz, 19.5 inches long. =-)

Justin said...

I think the baby will be 12 pounds!!! lol JK!!! I think she will be 6 pounds 13 ounces! SYL,
-Justn