Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Soon and Very Soon!


The two week countdown has begun! Wow! Yesterday I went to see my midwife, Ann, and everything was looking good. After I left her office I was so excited. I am starting to show signs that things are getting close. How close no one can say for sure but all of the symptoms I am having are things that happened shortly before I had Elizabeth and are all common signs of new baby being right around the corner. Plus the moon is working its magic with the pull of the tides and Ann said I will be feeling the effects of that from now until around the 13th. The last few days have had increased contractions which is most likely a direct result of that.
My sweet mother helped me clean my house yesterday….nesting style. We worked very hard but got everything done! Anytime Katherine decides to come is fine with me now. Although I would still prefer she wait until at least Saturday and preferable Sunday. Anytime is manageable except Friday night between 5:00-10:00. Of course by saying that I may be jinxing myself into her birth at that very time frame. Haha! It will all work out so I’m not worried.

The girls room is put together and ready to go! Elizabeth hasn’t slept in her big girl bed yet but I might get brave and try her nap today in it. We shall see.


This is our new double stroller! What a blessing!!!! I think it is going to work out great! Elizabeth helped me test it out this morning. It is too windy and cold outside so we just went around and around the kitchen island. The infant is actually supposed to ride in the front seat but I like it better in the back. The car seat feels plenty secure to me and that way Elizabeth can see better. When Elizabeth gets older we can convert the stroller by taking off the back seat which leaves a bench seat and foot step that Elizabeth could use to sit or stand on while she rides. What an awesome design! This stroller should last us for many years.



I have a couple of prayer requests I would like for you to remember.
1.) A friend of mine was supposed to have a c-section this morning. As far as I know evrything went as planned. Please pray for quick recovery for mommy and easy adjustment for this growing family.
2.)Also, I have a very sore throat and a cough (this is one of those soon to be labor signs) Please pray it heals quickly, before Katherine is born.

Blessings!

No comments: