Monday, November 10, 2008

It is finished!

The to do list is officially finished! All of you who voted I would have little Katherine before the 9th were obviously incorrect. I have officially started doing everything in my power to put myself into labor and really hope she will come by the 17th. That would mean she will be here between now and next Monday. We shall see! Some people say that knowing the gender of the baby is like opening your Christmas present before Christmas. I feel that waiting to go into labor is plenty of suspense for the occasion! Now I am so excited for her to be here. I want to kiss her cheeks and let her little hand wrap around my finger. Too bad excitement doesn’t induce labor! Each day I wonder if today is the day but I am also trying to do my best to soak in each full night’s sleep. :) After Katherine is here I know some things will change for me and Elizabeth so I am also spending time playing with her and giving her lots of love.

One thing on my to do list that wasn’t a requirement but was a want is making my new nursing veil. My aunt made me one when I had Elizabeth but I had worn it out and it had some holes in it. So, I bought some fabric and attempted to make one for myself. It turned out pretty good I think. I didn’t have a pattern to follow and around the neck it was a bit puckered. I think you have to make notches somehow to help that problem but I had no idea how to do that. This was the first time I attempted to use my sewing machine to make a button hole too. It was sooooo cool! I really like the fabric I chose and the veil is reversible. The neck hole is big enough to just slip on but I can also button it on if I don't want to mess up my hair. Fun Fun Fun!


Tomorrow I have another appointment with Ann. Maybe it will be my last before the baby. One of the fabulous five friends that was due in November had her baby yesterday. I am so excited for her. She is the only other one having a girl amongst the bunch. So now there are only three!

Blessings!

No comments: