Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God is Good!

God is so good!!! I am overwhelmed at the many blessings the Lord has given to me. Just today as I watched Elizabeth running across the yard with her big smile, blonde curls, and little legs, I was just so grateful for my little girls, my fabulous husband, my home, and all the many other blessings far too great in number to list them here. Yes, God is good; all the time!

Things are going well for us. I had so much help with Elizabeth the first week and that has really helped speed up my recovery. Yesterday we started trying to get back into a normal routine. Of course we are trying to find a new normal and making the necessary adjustments to keep life functional. I am trying to learn how to manage my time so that we won’t always be late places. Here are a few shots I have taken over the past few days.



This hat was made by a friend of ours. She made it so quickly I was was very impressed. She made Elizabeth a hat too. I am going to try to get their pictures in them together. If I am successful I will try to post them.

Sleepy Baby

Elizabeth is a great big sister. She loves the baby but has done a good job not smothering her. Believe it or not she is actually very gentle with Katherine. Elizabeth always refers to her as baby but can say her name if you ask her to. A couple days ago I had Katherine sitting in the recliner and Elizabeth went over to see her so I asked Elizabeth if she wanted to hold her. Lizzy said yes so I set her in the chair and put Katherine in her lap. I didn’t expect this moment to last long and was somewhat afraid it might get violent when Elizabeth decided she was done so I had the camera ready for a quick shot. To my surprise Elizabeth sat there perfectly still for several minutes holding Katherine just looking at her and giving her kisses. It was so precious!


At the hospital when Elizabeth came to see Katherine she was somewhat sleepy and therefore in a silly mood. When I was looking at the pictures after we got home I just had to laugh at the sequence I found. I think it looks like we have a very talented dancer on our hands. Her specialty appears to be breakdancing.




I will try to post a web album of the birth pictures another time. Finding time to blog might even be more difficult now but I will try my best! Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support. We love you all!

Brandon, Rachael, Elizabeth, and Katherine

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness Rachael, your girls are SO adorable! I miss Elizabeth, and I need to see Katherine! Those couple minutes at the hospital were not enough...can't wait til Sunday! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! I love that hat and I love the dancing pictures! So cute!

Unknown said...

They are both very adorable! I laughed out loud at the break dancing pictures. She is so funny!

TVans said...

Thank You for the pictures, they are adorable. :D Aunt Tonya