Monday, March 26, 2007

35 Days and Counting

On Friday I received my weekly pregnancy email update. It was pleasantly surprising to read there were only 35 days left! (As of 3-23-07) I thought that sounded far less than five weeks. The email also informed me that all of her functioning organ systems are pretty much functioning and these last few weeks are mostly for gaining weight! Yes, slightly discouraging. I certainly want a healthy baby but….let’s not get carried away Miss Elizabeth. She should already weigh about 5lbs. This pregnancy has seemed to be pretty easy thus far. My heartburn hasn’t given me problems for several weeks now and although I have been dealing with the regular slight ankle swelling I just can’t bring myself to complain. I’ve have seen too many other women have things far more difficult.

This past week while Brandon was gone my mom came over and helped me get the nursery cleaned and organized. It looks really good. I was so grateful to have her help! It was really fun putting on the bedding. (Mom T. bought it for us as a gift.)We still have to hang some things on the walls but everything that I currently have is ready. After my baby shower I will just have to put the final things away.

Mom W. found this beautiful dresser set and small nightstand (seen in picture above) at a garage sale. Our crib is white but I think this furniture looks great in the nursery anyways. It is really good quality furniture made by Broyhill. Mom and Dad W. bought it for us as a shower gift. It was really a great blessing to us and I am sure we will use it for many, many years to come.





We are excited about the things the Lord has in store for us! This is quite the adventure!!!

1 comment:

The Mercado's & Family said...

Just think Desiree' decided to enter the world about at the stage in the pregnancy you are at. I was like a day from being 4 wks away when she was born.