Sunday, March 30, 2008

Feeling Much Better!

The Lord is good! You probably know that I am in Katy, TX with Elizabeth staying with some cousins while their parents are out of town. The day before we left to come I was feeling sick to my stomach all day. This continued on Sunday, the day I traveled here. I blamed it on the baby, although it was quite a bit worse than anything I experienced with my first pregnancy. Sunday night I started throwing up. Not fun. Especially since my schedule here is quite busy and begins at 5:00am. Monday I still didn't feel well. Tuesday and Wednesday was a little bit better until Wednesday night. Thursday was horrible. I could barely do anything and could not keep any nutrition down, including water. Somehow I found strength deep within to keep on going, at least for the bare necessities, and it was comforting to know lots of people were praying for me. Brandon called and asked if it would be helpful if he or my mother-in-law came down. I said it wasn't necessary but would be helpful. Probably more trouble than its worth. Money, schedule, etc. A few minutes later he called me to tell me my mother-in-law had a flight and would be here about 3:00 that afternoon. I just started crying, I was overwhelmed with relief, gratefulness, and well...pregnancy hormones. I felt sooooo loved! She got here at about 3:00 and I was in bed at the time. I stayed in bed for the next 30+ hours except to get sick. I slept and slept and slept. After talking to the midwifes it appears that I had a virus not just baby sickness. Yesterday I was feeling better but still very weak. Today I see even more improvement and strength. I am still pregnant though, so there is still a little morning sickness, but nothing to complain about. All of those who have been praying for me and to my sweet mother-in-law who came to my rescue I AM SO GRATEFUL.

I want you to look close at Elizabeth's hair in this picture. It is messed up!!! Yes, that's right she has enough hair to mess up now. Yippee! This is how she woke up from her nap.I am so encouraged...she won't be bald forever!

1 comment:

The Mercado's & Family said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes sickness comes at the worst times. It is so nice to have such a caring family! We missed you and your fam at the birthday party! Love you, Talk to you soon.