Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Elizabeth's 1st Birthday!

Yesterday was Elizabeth’s 1st birthday! Can you believe it has already been a year?! Last night we had a small party for her. I was very happy that she didn’t have the “It’s my party I can cry if I want to” attitude but actually had smiles most of the night. She is walking now and is starting to get pretty good at it. We got it on video but Brandon hasn’t had any time to get it on the web.
Here is the birthday girl getting out of bed first thing.

She got lots of fun gifts although she didn’t act very interested in opening them last night.She liked her books and there was a puzzle that made music in one of the gifts. She really liked it and wanted to play it over and over again. She’s been playing with everything else today.


And then came the cake. Elizabeth enjoys eating and her birthday cake was no different. She had us all laughing as she dug in. It was hard to decide which pictures to post because there were so many fun ones so I picked a bunch. Hope you enjoy them!





She even shared some of her cake with Grandaddy. This is a monumental moment because my dad hates sticky things. When I was a little girl we ate our suckers in the bathtub so we wouldn't get sticky. So this was a big step for him. Proving that grandkids are really the ones in charge. :)

1 comment:

The Mercado's & Family said...

I can' not believe I see a picture of Roger with cake icing all over his face. WOW!!!