Monday, April 14, 2008

Good to be Home!

Sorry I haven't blogged since I've been home! There truly is no place like home! Like Brandon posted before, just a few hours after getting home from the airport it was off to the ladies retreat. I had a really good time there. Each year I really look forward to going and always mark my calendar as soon as the dates are available. Since I've been home all three of us have had terrible colds. We seem to be on the upward swing of things but colds just seem to hang around for the longest time. I thought mommy's weren't supposed to ever get sick. :)
Just in the last few days the real morning sickness has been setting in. Ugh. In many ways I am grateful because I haven't been to the midwife yet and this makes me feel like things are ok. And it could be much worse! I am just nauseous. I am just beginning my 9th weeks of pregnancy. Did you know that the baby is currently about the size of a grape and only weighs a fraction of an ounce? According to a weekly email update I get all of the baby' s major organs are already there they just need fine tuning, which will come with time. And the heart is finishing dividing into four chambers and is starting to develop its valves. I love reading how the baby is developing because it helps me know how to specifically pray for this child. I am excited about going to the midwife in a few weeks.
I am going to be attempting to take some one year pictures of Elizabeth Wednesday with my Mom's help so I will post those......eventually. :)

Hope everybody is having a great day and enjoying the fullness of the blessings of the Lord. Never forget... the blessing of the Lord is a person's greatest asset!

Blessings!

No comments: