Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

This Mother's Day is much, much different for our family. Dad is always doing something special to honor Mom on this special day. The kids have all talked to Mom today, but we are not hosting anything special because 1) Justin has the Chicken Pox and 2) Mom wants to be with Dad. We plan to do something together to honor Mom after the mission trip to Searcy, AR with Character Focus.

Mom is such a warrior. Her heart is focused on the Lord and she loves Jesus, her husband, her kids, and her grandchildren with all her heart. We love you, Mom!

Lauren wrote Mom an encouraging note to Mom this Mother's Day that I would like to share. Thanks for your prayers! Please pray especially for Mom on this Mother's Day:

Dear Mom,
You are an amazing woman! You are such a great example to all of us kids as what a mother, wife, grandmother and friend should look like. The strength that you have is something that is a constant challenge and encouragement to all of us. I am so thankful for the example that you are to us and everyone around you. You are a consistent example of what it looks like to go before the Lord during the times of rejoicing and the times of grief. The Lord is your rock and tower and there is no question that when times are hard you run to Him.

Thank you for that example.

I know that this season has been the most difficult thing you have ever walked through. I know that dad is your best friend and biggest support system. I also know that the Lord NEVER gives us things that we cannot handle and give us the grace to press on. You have been such an example of what it looks like to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding".

Thank you for that example.

As your daughter you have shown me what a mother looks like. Growing up you were such a great mom and so much fun! I hope that someday I can be a mom like that. Now that I am married and older you have shown me what it looks like to be a mother and a friend. I am so thankful for your friendship.

Thank you for that example.

Mom, we all love you so much. We pray for you daily and are here to support you. You are a wonderful mom and even though this season is hard I hope that you feel blessed this mothers day and many more to come!

We all love you so much!

Lauren


We love you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: