Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Update 5-04-10

Things have still been on the slow path of improvement for dad. We have been so grateful to have been mostly taking steps only forward during this ordeal. Yesterday they had dad….are you ready for this.....sitting in a chair!!!! Awesome, right!? Praise the Lord! I am still not sure exactly how they accomplished this. I certainly didn’t think we were even close to that point but nevertheless they did it and he sat there for about 45 minutes. Personally I was not there during this event but those who were reported that he was pretty awake during most of it and actually looked pretty good. On Saturday they unattached the ventilator from the trach and only gave dad oxygen. He was able to stay that way ALL day! They hooked the ventilator back up in the evening to allow him to rest a bit better. I was there Saturday evening and I tried to wake him up. After a few minutes his eyes slowly opened a bit and without even being asked he mouthed “I love you” to me. It made me really happy! He was trying to mouth other things too but I just couldn’t understand. It was reported yesterday he mouthed “ouch”. I am sure this will be mouthed many times before all is said and done with. Please continue to pray for peace during this recovery.

So, we are into week three now and we will continue to trust the Lord and take it one day at a time. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow!!! Sitting up for 45 minutes!

How awesome!

That's neat that the first thing he had to say to you the other day was "I love you."

Thanks so much for the continued updates!

We're still prayin'!

The Nessmans

Jo Shnell said...

Brandon, thanks so much for the updates. We keep Greg and all of you in our prayers. My brother had a TBI back in 1993 and I remember so well the months of healing. Hang tough and continue to trust and lean on the Lord. Count on our prayers and love. Jo Shnell