Friday, June 17, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

Psalm 139:13&14
For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.


Hayden Reese Small





 
Is photography something that everyone can learn? I believe all of the technical side of it could be obtained by anyone who truly want to learn. Although I would say it comes easier to some than others. A friend posted a picture on her blog the other day of a t-shirt that read "Owning a camera doesn't make you a photographer...it makes you a camera owner." So true. Many people, including myself own good "big" cameras and would like to be a bit more than that "point and shoot" photographer. I have decided for me the best way to learn is to practice. I don't think photography comes extremely natural to me. I figure the more I practice, hopefully, I will learn more about the technical side of things as well as the creative side of picture taking. The pictures above were a little practice of my sweet niece Hayden.
 
Editing is a whole nother realm of photography that I am not supurb at...yet. Currently my motto is - When in doubt...go black and white! :)

2 comments:

Lindsay Bertram said...

These are gorgeous! Great job!

Martin said...

Beautiful pictures!
I love the window lighting