Sunday, September 04, 2011

Four Weeks to Go!

The winds of change are in the air! Today the cool weather was amazing although truth be told with my extremely, ridiculous, massive, ice cravings for the past 20 plus weeks I haven’t been too bummed to be pregnant in the summer. Yes, it’s been quite a little over kill on the heat factor but I can’t imagine eating all the ice I have in the winter months!

Sixteen weeks ago I started working on “The List”. Experience from the past made me feel the pressure to start early if I had any hope of accomplishing what needed to be done. Things started moving along quite nicely as I was able to slowly check a few things off The List. It was a strange phenomenon however; as things got checked off more things also got added on. That just didn’t seem right but everything on The List HAD /HAS to be done and time continued/continues ticking away so I press on. Having a deadline provides real motivation for getting things done.  And now it’s here. I am four, let it sink in…. 4, here it ring out in your ears… F.O.U.R!!!, weeks away from my little man being here!

If the list isn’t finished certainly my home will never have any sort of order ever again. Ok, maybe that’s a little far but that’s how my insides feel nonetheless. :) So, I press on, finishing the final things on The List. The carpets are shampooed (even the car), the junk room is now organized and holds a perfect little place for Little Man and his belongings, Elizabeth’s first year of school is planned and underway, my hair has been cut, clothes have been gone through for the cooler weather months for the girls, the kitchen cabinets have been rearranged and cleaned out, labor books have been read, the house has been cleaned…and recleaned…and cleaned again. (Actually I kind of gave up on that one being done in advance, maintaining a house is ridiculous and is a whole other blog post completely. The current goal is to have the house good enough that when I realize I am in labor I can clean the house before I leave…and it will be clean before I leave for the hospital. I’m so weird about these things when I am pregnant/in labor. Maybe some of the motivation will stick around after little man gets here.) Truly it is some of the best motivation I have ever had. The thought process of I could go into labor tomorrow so I have to complete this task now… so much more gets accomplished. Weird how when you don’t procrastinate but instead actually do things…things get done.  Wisdom beyond the ages, I know. :)

So now I just wait-finish the smaller less pressing things on The List, attempt to maintain the home, drink lots of water, eat more ice, enjoy every full nights sleep I get, focus on a successful labor and delivery, and let the fact soak in that I am approximately FOUR WEEKS AWAY FROM MEETING MY LITTLE MAN!!!!!  YAHOOOOOOO!    

No comments: