Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"My You've Grown!"...What's your Guess!

Well the full moon didn’t do its job this time around. Honestly I’m ok with that. Sunday night, the night before the full moon, I seriously thought I was in labor. I kept telling myself it wasn’t real but then the contractions were getting harder and not seeming to stop. I felt blah and my back hurt a lot too. Could this be? Brandon and I were just getting into bed and Brandon decided we ought to time the contractions, 7 minutes apart lasting over a minute. Only 5 minutes later came the next one, nice and strong. Maybe this was the real deal! Shortly after they spread themselves back apart and I was able to get a full nights rest with only a few contraction interruptions. I am ready to meet Little Man but, wow, it revealed a few things I needed to deal with before baby comes both on The List and Mentally. Monday I awoke with a new motivation to finish things up! Ironically, Monday, the actual night of the full moon, I had few contractions than I have had for weeks. (Normally at night I have several “Braxton Hicks”.) And in the days since then contractions have been fewer than they have been for several weeks! I feel better about things now though. I am really excited and I feel more ready.

It’s always fun to talk to others about their pregnancies and birth experiences. Here are a few weird things pregnancy does to me:

1.) Rather LARGE protrusion out of my mid-section. :) Let's look at the progression shall we...

0 Weeks

21 Weeks
24 Weeks

29 Weeks

36 Weeks
37 Weeks

2.)    I LOVE the smell of laundry detergent. Doesn't really matter what brand either...just scented. The unscented stuff doesn't have the same effect. :) Yep, I enjoy it so much I literally will sniff each handful of clothes as I take them out of the washer! Mmmmm, smells good!
3.)    I LOVE the smell of clean cars. When I get into the vehicle, large inhale. Ahhhh, refreshing!
4.)    I crave ice in ridiculously large amounts.
5.)    It makes me organize shelves, cabinets, closets, sheds, and make To Do Lists that must be done! (It’s actually quite rewarding and fulfilling to accomplish so much. I enjoy the motivation!) And yet with all of that organizing the house still remains to get clutter and piles around! Job security for sure! :)

I am curious to know when you think Jackson will make his big debut. So, I plan to bribe
you.  Here's the deal - from now (Wednesday, September 14th until Sunday, September 18th, 2011) leave a comment with your guess of Baby's Birthday and Birth Weight. Closest guess, without going over, receives a $5.00 gift card!  (Makes me feel so "real blogger" to be doing a give away! *Blush*) There will be two gift cards...one for birth date and the other for birth weight. In the event of people with the same guess the prize will go to first entry. Also, if I go into labor guessing is immediately closed! Given due date is October 1st.
Happy guessing!


P.S. We moderate the blog comments so your comment will not show up immediately. Winners will be announced after Baby Jackson comes! Isn't this fun!?!

18 comments:

Lindsay Bertram said...

I'm going to guess Sept. 18th-only because it's *my* birthday. I had my kid on *your* birthday, after all! :-)
Weight: 7lbs, 14 oz.

Yay!

Alisha said...

September 27th. 8lbs 8oz. Sorry Rachael! :p That is my guess! Can't wait to hear! Love you!

delaPaz X 4 said...

Hmmmm......September 22; 7# 14oz

Summer said...

I say Sept 29th and weighing in about 7lbs 11oz

Unknown said...

I say September 17th and I think 8lbs 15oz :P hehe

Tammi said...

September 26th 8lbs 10 oz

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, October 2, 10lbs, 12oz. Hehe. Ok September 19, 8lbs 4oz. Nanny

Anonymous said...

October 2nd - 7lbs. 4oz.

-Papa Joe and Grandma Jan

Brandon and Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think it will be September 24,2011 and he (Yes, I just said "HE") will weigh 7 lbs. 7 0z.
I can't wait to meet him!!!
Nana

Justin said...

I like Brandon's guess the best.
But Uncle Justin says it can't be while he's in Texas, so it will be September 21st and the baby will succeed my birth wait! (That would be phenomenal)


Okay, for the $5 I'll guess 9lbs, 2oz

Brandon and Rachael said...

It will be this Saturday, the 17th, right in the middle of the #1OU vs. #5 Flordia State game. The weight will be 7lbs, 14oz.

Or so I am guessing :)

-Brandon

Anonymous said...

September 19th 8lbs. 12oz.

Uncle Jonny

Anonymous said...

September 25th, 2011
7lbs. 3oz.

Joyce

Nanny Norma said...

Well Nanny's going to guess 9/29 and weighing in at 8# 2 oz. Love you all. Remember Moms got a busy mo in October so Jacksons got to get a move on:) LOL Only kidding he can take his time if he wants. ( As long as its before Oct 9. LOL

Anonymous said...

I think Oct. 17th, 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long! :0) Amanda

Anonymous said...

7lbs. 11oz.

September 29

With prayer~

Kim :-)

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late, but please have mercy on a busy mom, I just saw this. :) don't know how I missed it! Anyway, my guess is sept 28, weighing 7lbs, 15oz. ( I really think 8lbs even, but for your sake rach, I'm keeping it in the 7's. :)

Aunt Kristina