Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Heart is Happy!

Jackson Chasteene Werner - October 4, 2011
7lbs. 12oz. - 19.5 inches long
Born at two forty-four in the morning

I’ve tried to blog many times since my little man was placed in my arms and immediately had my heart. Words just are not enough. They don’t adequately convey the happiness and emotions all bottled up inside. When I hold him, kiss his little cheeks, look into his eyes …sigh…my heart melts all over again. The cycle again repeats as I watch his daddy hold him or as I just sit back and observe his sisters care for him in the most loving ways.


 After we got home from the hospital the moment the girls spotted Jackson, still in his car seat, setting in the corner, they quickly surrounded him to “ooooo and awwwww”. Katherine placed Buckles, her beloved stuffed animal, right in the car seat with Jackson offering the sweet sentiments “here you go Jackson, you can have him”. At that moment I knew we were going to be just fine. J  

 

So far this has been one of the easiest recoveries for me. I’m not sure what all contributed to that but I have a few ideas. Due to hormones getting back into whack I have only cried about ridiculous things twice. All the while telling myself, “This is ridiculous! Do NOT cry about such a silly thing! Stupid hormones!” I repeat this to myself several times before I finally regain control. Unfortunately that control is not regained before a tear or two falls from my eyes. Good times. J

We ventured out to Mom and Dad Werner’s on Saturday to watch the OU vs. Texas game. Boomer! Sooner! Sunday morning after a good night with the babe I felt well enough to go to church. It was wonderful in every way. I love going to church. It’s family. Brandon had deligated his responsibilities for the day because we didn’t know if he would be there. So, we got to go together as a family at normal church time, check our children into the nursery, and enjoy a lot of the service together too!  

Mr. Jackson is doing very well and already growing and changing. When born he weighed a perfect 7lbs. 12oz. and yesterday at his check-up he already weighed 8lbs 2oz. He is doing well having awake time and I love watching his eyes as he is just soaking things in, figuring things out, making simple discoveries like the fact that he has arms and legs. His eyes are so beautiful…they look like they are going to be light colored. He is sleeping well at night and doing the things that all newborns do. Eat, sleep, poop, repeat. It’s wonderful. J

The birth story is coming. It was a great experience. I hope to post about it soon, of course, in between sweet baby kisses and snuggles with my little man! J


I’m completely smitten…can you tell?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rachael to your entire family! He truly is a Blessing, and a handsome little boy, you did a wonderful job! can't wait to read the birthing story...