Monday, October 24, 2011

Mom of the Year!

Several weeks ago this little mishap happened. I intended on posting this right after the incident but I misfiled the story after I wrote it. Just the other day I ran across it and thought you still might enjoy picturing the event in your mind. J Here’s what went down


My two year old's car seat was mysteriously unbuckled from the actual car's seat. Therefore when making a nice turn it tumbles over onto the floor with her still strapped inside. This instantly provokes screams from said two year old who bonked her head and is now scared. I make a gentle but quick turn into the nearest stopping place at which time this 33 week prego mom assumes super mom powers and moves at lightening speeds to asses child’s injuries (they were minor) as well as somehow reach across now empty seat to middle of van and lift two year old child and car seat (which were still attached to one another) back into big seat so I could remove child from car seat and properly comfort her before actually seat belting the car seat into the car, re-strapping her into seat and resuming on to our original destination. It was a blast.

Mom of the year award right here!

No comments: