Saturday, October 29, 2011

You just never know...

Children these days…so smart about the whole electronics thing. My 2 year old could probably unlock, go to the subfolder, start and play angry birds faster than many adults. I’m still trying to decide if this is a good thing. It amazes some people. I laugh. I laugh because they also know how to use the camera on my phone. It entertains them for hours. I feel it is helping blossom their inner photographer which could one day be a source of income for them. I’m a good mom like that. :) On top of that occasionally I find a good laugh while looking through their childlike photography. Generally there are hundreds to sort through and you just never know what you are going to find!

So I have decided I will occasionally post, for your entertainment, photography through their eyes.

Let’s begin.
In motherhood some of the simplest tasks become huge celebrations and joys of milestones reached when, for example, your child learns to dispose of her human waste in the proper location, commonly known as the toilet.
(Some of you are grossing out. All mothers are shaking their head as if to say “yep, I understand.” So you grosser outers can just get over it. It’s a mom thing. Do I hear an amen?)

All that to say, over the spring and summer months we celebrated such accomplishments due to the fact that potty training had been in the works for my second born.

I realized how much of a monumental part of day to day life this was when I came across great documentation of the events.

Step one: Take a seat

Step two: Provide yourself with entertaining material to pass the time...in case it takes a long time.

Step three: Wipe

Step Four: Observe success of your time in the bathroom and place tissue in toilet.

Step next: Dispose of waste and tissue by using the flushing mechanism located near the top of the toilet.

There you have it. Follow given steps above and instantly you will have bathroom success. Oh, and apparently you have a sister with the camera thrown somewhere in the mix! Can't forget that step! Or, maybe we can. Yes, I would recommend leaving that step out completely. It's better for everyone that way.

But seriously, think about. This is a life changing event. Shouldn’t it be documented? Maybe a date of first toilet success would be sufficient without the photographic evidence.

Next I will be teaching them discretion in their photography subject. :)

Thank you for joining us in what has been the first installment of “Photography through Their Eyes” Join us next time for…who knows what!


No comments: