Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Doomed

It was one of those days. The kind where nothing seems right, life seems doomed, and you are on the verge of tears…just because. It also happened to be Brandon’s birthday and all of the great things I had planned in my imagination were far from becoming a reality and failure was without doubt what my future held for me. Time was not my friend either and the minutes were running away from me- quickly widening the gap between me and success. Already behind schedule, already on the verge of tears for no reason, already having tried for days to put the house in some sort of order yet feeling like before I could finish it was already re-messy, I open the freezer to find this.

Now, I'd hate to point fingers and name names but let's jsut say it was one of the men of our household that did this. The six cans of soda that Brandon had placed in our small freezer the prior afternoon had obviously been promptly forgotten about. All six cans had exploded. Every. Single. One. I muttered "Brandon Chasteene!" and shook my head in complete defeat as all my dreams of ever having a clean home, bathed children, bathed me, educated children, trained children, clean laundry, ironed laundry, fed family(all healthy meals of course), etc. etc. came crashing down. Yes, all of that from some exploded soda cans! (Some of you understand. Right?) My next course of action was to promptly send my beloved husband the pictures along with a kind, gentle, loving, text message that read something like this…”you have no idea what you’ve done!” I included the pictures to try to explain the full gravity of the situation. Looking back, in order to bring true clarity for him I should have sent a picture of my sweet face, which was, in a big way, lacking sweetness at the moment.  
Fortunately, the world, surprisingly, didn't come to an end, Brandon’s Grandmother, who lives in our neighborhood, was contacted by my sweet mother-in-love, and came to help this poor, poor, hormonal woman. Thanks Maw-Maw!

What was that? Did the incident push my tears over the edge?

Well, I just don’t think that’s any of your business. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Rachel, you poor thing! I would have been crying too!!

Kristina said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Brandon owes you BIG for this one! ;)