Thursday, November 03, 2011

Days Quickly Passing!

I CANNOT believe it has already been a whole month since my Little Man was born! Here are some of my notes from the days that have past….
1.)    I have a BOY!! AHHHHHHHH!!! It’s amazing to have a boy. Why is it different? Not a clue. But he is amazing. :)
  (Jackson at one week)

2.)    Some older women, who will remain nameless, cause my son to smell like perfume for days. Even after baths I could still smell them. I’m considering banding women that are old enough for the senior discount from holding Jackson. Actually, I would never do that. They have way to much experience in the field. (Grandma, I am not talking about you here. Although after you have loved on him he definitely has a distinct aroma, I just think its Grandma smell, which is good. :) )

  (Jackson at two weeks)

3.)    Mommy. Wants. More. Sleep! Although Jackson is doing very well at night just waking up to eat and then going back to sleep I have never been one of those-keep on tuckin’-on 4 hours of sleep kind of gals. Hats off to all of you. A crazy awesome quality to poses for moms! Seriously, sometimes I just want to collapse!
(Jackson at three weeks)

(Jackson at one month)

4.)    “The List” has officially been undone in its entirety. L (The freezer incident finished it off.) I think there are more things on the daily to-do list than I have time for. This can equal frustration!

5.)    Christmas is coming!!!!! Must. Start. Shopping!

6.)    Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.


“Good Job Rachael. You can do this! Now, go turn on some peaceful, calm, relaxing music and take a chill pill or you will be sent to time out.”


“Do I get to be in time out alone? Yes please! That sounds wonderful!”


“Raaaachaelllll, not funny. Being a mommy is a great job. You like it.”


“Oh, yes I do! I like this job, I like this job, I like thi…KATHERINE!!!! Do NOT play in that! No, you come here! I’m feeding Jackson right now. I don’t care what Elizabeth did….Both of you come now! Front and center!”


Breathe in, breathe out. I like this job, I like this job…..

(Sometimes I host mini therapy sessions throughout the day.J)


7.)    Facebook NEVER sleeps. Always something new to read. Great for early morning feedings entertainment.



 Mr. Jackson has already gained three pounds! Doing well getting on a schedule and giving smiles all the time! I am amazed at how fast he is growing and changing. You know, in a blink of an eye he will be actually wearing this tie because it fits him. He will no longer be a baby, he will be a man. He will get his drivers licence, graduate from highschool, have a job, and then....then it will happen. A woman. A woman will waltz in and take my little man from me. She will have his heart. He will no longer be mine!!! Whaaaaaa! WHAAAAAAA!!!! DO YOU REALIZE HOW FAST THIS WILL HAPPEN!!!! Someone bring me a tissue and maybe the contact information for a therapist. I may or may not need it. :)

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I love the last picture with the tie! He is SO adorable!