Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Vacation and Brothers

Before we headed out for our Thanksgiving festivities Brandon helped me get the house in beautiful order. It was wonderful to close the door behind me knowing that when we returned after being away for a few days I would walk into a home clean and tidy.

We had a great few days out in Tuterville relaxing and taking a true vacation. On Tuesday Brandon flew his hobby RC plane for a bit. It was a touch too windy but still fun to watch.


 
 

On Wednesday the weather couldn’t have been any better for the plane. Brandon flew it several times and even learned how to do some really fun tricks! Made fun memories!
Thursday again the weather was a bit windy but Brandon took out hoping for a few more flights. Womp, Womp. The wind won. Repairs now need to be made for the poor plane. I didn’t get pics because I was busy getting ready for the Thanksgiving whoopla. The holiday was fun and great memories were made! I particularly enjoyed the eight whole glorious hours I got to sleep because my dear sweet mother kept Jackson in her room for the night. J 

While we were in Tuterville Brandon informed me that his brother had called him asking if he could hang out with some guys at our house for the evening. He informed me he had told them how hard we had worked to get the house in tip top shape and they needed to leave the house equally as clean. I gave an “uh-huh” response knowing immediately things would not be “how we left it.”
Upon our arrival home the house was in good shape. Only a couple cups left out, things I could deal with. And then Brandon opened the freezer. Apparently short term memory loss is a common thing with the Werner men. There were three cans of Coca-Cola on the super-duper verge of exploding in my freezer. Lucky Duckies-Brandon found them before they exploded. I haven’t yet recovered from the last freezer incident due to Brandon's short term memory loss.

Also the Nativity had been rearranged. This did not surprise me. I knew it was coming. It happens every year. I don’t even bother taking my time to set it up in detail and perfection because I know as soon as my brothers come over they will make it look like this. Guard your eyes. Yes, they make the animals mate, sniff, and any other such thing they can come up with.


 The wise man has karate chopped the shepherd on the roof of the stable.
 Joseph’s head is on his staff (the head broke several years ago and I haven’t glued it back on yet).
Sometimes I am tempted to leave it this way because I know that returning it to its proper state is pointless. I don’t though because I don’t really want to answer the girls questions about it. Nor do I want to really look at it. Let the holiday cheer begin. *Roll Eyes Here* Ahhh, the brothers I never had.

I'll post about our Werner Thanksgiving soon. I helped make dinner. The motto for the evening became "Learn not to Burn" :)

No comments: