Friday, February 23, 2007

Del Rancho and the Filing Cabinet :)

About a month ago, my Grandma Phyllis needed a new filing cabinet. Rachael and I had been blessed and someone gave us a tall, nice file cabinet to use for us and Character Focus. We had an old wooden one that we no longer needed… so I worked out a deal with my grandma; if she would buy steak sandwiches from Del Rancho (because that is my favorite thing to eat at my grandma's) then I would give her our wooden filing cabinet.

At the time, Rachael and I only had the Oldsmobile. My dad was busy that night and I didn’t have any straps to tie the file cabinet in with… so I got creative. I took some old shoe laces and tied the cabinet into the trunk with those. Rachael found this to be very funny so she ran and got the camera. (Note From Rachael: I did think this was really funny. Especially when he added the second shoe lace for "reinforcements" LOL. Fortunately we made it fine and the reinforcements were not needed. :))

When we got to my grandma’s house, we had Del Rancho steak sandwiches and caught up for a while.

Rachael likes the sandwiches too.

My grandma is VERY excited about being a GREAT Grandma (she is a great grandma but now it is official).








On a different note, Rachael and I have been working a lot at the church recently. There has been a lot to do and a lot to catch up on after a busy month. I am juggling a lot of plates right now and don’t want to drop any of them! Please pray that God will give Rachael and I wisdom on the best way to use our time.

The CBI kids are doing great! We have started some new stuff in Rachael and my group that the kids are excited about! Pray that God will bless our efforts and impact His kingdom through these kids!

Leave a comment!

Brandon and Rachael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't beleave that you bribed grandma into giving here somthing that you didn't need anymore.
you are such a smart person but I still can't beleave you did that.
I am soo happy about what you are doing in C.B.I. I am having tons of fun. well see you later.
-Justin