Thursday, July 08, 2010

Summer Vacation 2010

“Our family needs a vacation!” Brandon declared Monday late afternoon about 4:00PM. This comment had been made several times throughout the previous weeks but after practically looking at the situation, with little ones, it didn’t seem worth the money. Tradition had been for many years past to go on summer vacation with our families. This has been the case long before our marriage. But we like the tradition to continue on because, well, we like our families. :) This year things just didn’t work. Normally the families all share in the expense so that helps quite a bit. Brandon and I weren’t sure what we were going to do, if anything. So, back to sentence one...

“Our family needs a vacation!” Brandon declared Monday late afternoon about 4:00PM. “What would you think about us getting away tonight for a couple of days?”
“I think its a little late notice for tonight” I, being the rational one said.

I won’t give you conversational details but it concluded with a bunch of irrational spontaneous comments (Brandon) and rational “are you kidding me” comments (Rachael). Then he did it. He pulled the veto card! Now, here I have two plays. 1.) Have an attitude because I didn’t get my way and because he is being unreasonable or 2.) Go with it and just have a good ole time. I wish the good little girl in me would always choose play number two buuuut this is not always the case my friends. (I know, and you thought I was perfect.) So, on Monday night it is slightly possible I started out with play number one and then switched over to play number two half way through the first quarter. After Brandon purchased the hotel rooms I knew this was more than just talk. We were really headed “out of town” a.s.a.p (As soon as packed)! Who cares if it doesn’t make since to pay for a hotel room 10 miles from home. This Werner family was going on vacation and we were going to like it!


So what did we do for fun and entertainment? We went to Norman, Oklahoma! The girls did great in the car. (Always a concern on vacations.) We stayed at a hotel with a swimming pool, which we took advantage of, shopped and played at the Sooner Fashion Mall, ate a several great restaurants, had late night wings and edemame, watched a movie in the dollar theater, and laughed and had a good time as a family!










Please prepare yourself for the following statement…I Rachael, admit that my mature rational thinking would have been boring and normal and that Brandon made the right, irrational spontaneous call on this one. If I had it to do over again I would pay for the hotel room 10 miles from home so we could have a family vacation right here!!! I am glad he played the veto and I was wrong, he was right. There, I said it. Whew!


It really was so much fun and Brandon was right, we needed a vacation! Thank you Brandon for balancing out this boring, rational wife of yours with a veto and a little spontaneity every once in a while! But, please don’t get too carried away. :)

Rachael

2 comments:

The Mercado's & Family said...

Victor and I have often thought of doing that!! Looks like u had a blast. Only one thing missing...pics of U

brittandlauren said...

I love the last picture! So good!