Monday, April 26, 2010

Update 4-26-10

There haven’t been any real significant changes with Dad’s condition. He has continued to move a little but very limited. Last night and today his fever was up to 102.2. However I just received word that his temp is back down and his vitals are looking good. Praise the Lord! In the evenings dad seems to be “awake” more. He is moving his right arm quite a bit, moving his right leg, and even moving his head occasionally. His left side is not as active. Please continue to pray for healing in God’s perfect timing.



I thought a lot about Dad today. Maybe it was all of the trip preparations. While I was at the church packing our custodian asked me a question about the building. Without a thought the words began to flow right out of my mouth “You should probably call…” I caught myself before ending the sentence remembering that Dad wasn’t available to be called to answer questions about the building. Those realities come hard. But that is not the only reason why I thought of Dad today. At the beginning of the school year Dad began “FISH Club” in a middle school near our church. It started with 3 students who were Christians. Once a week, for the first three weeks they would have lunch with Dad and a few others. The fourth week is called “hook week” and they were all challenged to bring a friend. There have been many salvations and relationships built through this program. It has proved to be very effective. The club has grown each month through the members bringing friends on “hook week”. There were about 40 members regularly attending until this week. Today was “hook week” and there were over 60 middle school students in attendance! Brother Steve Harris shared the gospel and 35 students received Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior! Praise the Lord. Dad would have been so excited!


This journey is so unsure. The outcome is still foggy but through it all I have learned to trust Jesus more than ever. He is a great daddy and is willing to carry my burdens, wipe my tears, and comfort my hurts. I am so grateful for all the Lord has done for us!

Rachael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! So excited about those salvations! That's what it's all about! Love ya! ~ Bandy