Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Urgent Prayer Request (Tuesday Afternoon)

Dad’s surgery went well and he is still in ICU for recovery. I know many of you are interested in knowing when he might wake up and when the respirator might come out. At this point, our primary concern is helping him get better. There is a fine balance in timing these next steps. The last thing we would ever want to do is rush something and then need to take steps backwards. We are relying on the doctor’s knowledge, Doc. Dellinger’s council, and the Holy Spirit to walk in God’s perfect timing and will.

After surgery, there is always a risk of common illnesses such as infection and pneumonia. Dad has been running a fever at about 101 degrees. They are doing some blood work and tests to make sure things are okay. We are waiting for the doctors to make their rounds so we can receive more details. In the mean time, please pray that Dad’s body would be protected against infection and illnesses.

They will leave Dad on the respirator and sedative until we know more. Please continue to pray often.

Justin is doing well. He is in some pain as he continues to recover. Please pray for the pain to let up and for opportunities to rest.

So many good reports, but so far to go. Certainly still a serious condition. Please pray, and find peace and rest in God as we trust Him together.


There’s a peace I’ve come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail.
There’s an anchor for my soul
I can say, “It is well”.

Jesus has overcome, and the grave is overwhelmed;
The victory is won, He is risen from the dead!

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain.
I will rise on eagle’s wings
Before my God, fall on my knees, and rise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're still praying. Hope everything goes well with your dad and he can wake up soon.
So glad Justin is doing better! :)
Love you guys and can't wait for everything to be back to normal! Church definitely isn't the same without you.
Have a great evening!
~Jordan

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

I stumbled across your blog when a friend of mine joined the Facebook group for you all. Please know that you have so many people praying for you. We have been lifting your Dad, Justin, and your entire family up in prayer all evening.